The inclusion project at the Playtrail recruits young people aged (16-18 years old) to act as buddies for young people with disabilities. Buddies will have the opportunity to participate in a 8 week tailored training programme, which will empower them with the skills and knowledge to provide support to the young people with disabilities to get involved in different programmes/events across the city.
Benefits to buddying:
- Accredited training
- Achieve knowledge and experience of working in the field of learning disability
- Develop new skills and meet new friends
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Recognition of time and volunteering hours
- Support/guidance from trained staff