The Playtrail aims to provide an inclusive approach to play and provide increased training & employment opportunities for young adults with learning disabilities. The Playtrail is currently utilised by a cross section of organisations, both statutory & voluntary, as well as many youth clubs and schools. The facility is also open to the wider community outside of school hours, including during most holiday periods.
Our core objectives
- Support children, young people & their families
- Bring communities together through inclusive play & intergenerational activities / events
- Create education, training & employment opportunities for young people with disabilities
- Regenerate the local environment with support for community allotments & maximising the use of local green space
- Develop social enterprise opportunities