The Playtrail is a partnership project with the Western Education & Library Board (WELB) who have leased the lands to Liberty Consortium for a period of 25 years. The project aims to provide an inclusive approach to play and provide increased training & employment opportunities for young adults with learning disabilities. The Playtrail is currently utilised by a cross section of organisations, both statutory & voluntary, as well as many youth clubs and schools. The facility is also open to the wider community outside of school hours, including during most holiday periods.Why not take a look around the website, or call down for a visit and start using this fantastic local resource.
We aim to:
- Support children, young people & their families
- Bring communities together through inclusive play & intergenerational activities / events
- Create education, training & employment opportunities for young people with disabilities
- Regenerate the local environment with support for community allotments & maximising the use of local green space
- Develop social enterprise opportunities