We aim to:
- Support children, young people & their families
- Bring communities together through inclusive play & intergenerational activities / events
- Create education, training & employment opportunities for young people with disabilities
- Regenerate the local environment with support for community allotments & maximising the use of local green space
- Develop social enterprise opportunities
The facility currently includes:
- 3 Inclusive play areas (Junior / Adventure / Sensory)
- A 200 seater, roofed outdoor Amphitheatre space that includes a plug & play stage that doubles as a unique outdoor cinema space
- A woodland walk that includes the Fairy Woods, an outdoor classroom & storytelling area
- The EcoBase. A straw bale eco-friendly house, incorporating a variety of green technologies and available for meetings & events, schools visit & birthday parties
- The Green Fingers Project, a community garden & allotment project which includes 50 allotments, outdoor classroom, wildlife pond and our Fab: Farm (Aquaponics Project in partnership with Fab: LabNI @ the Nerve Centre.
- All of the above are linked by a 1 km accessible trail network that starts at our office accommodation in the log cabin at the entrance of the site. Accessible toilet facilities are available at the office and the EcoBase.
What can you do?
The facility is open for pre-booked group / school visits at anytime and opens to the public outside of school opening hours including weekends and holiday periods.
You can simply come and play, have a picnic, follow one of our self-led activities or book for an organised activity led by one of our trained staff. Check out the rest of the website for further information and if you still have questions, give the office a ring and talk to any member of staff.